Friday, February 20, 2009

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?

Jacob is definitely sick again...Yesterday we found out that he had ruptured his ear drum. He was put on antibiotics, and I somehow felt relieved that we had the cause of his fever and pain, and it could be treated.
At 6 pm tonight, Jacob's doctor called and says that he has full blown strep as well. That is what most likely led to the rupture of the ear drum. This definitely explains Jacob's fuzziness today. Everybody told me that he would not be in pain any longer with the ear drum now being ruptured, the ear pressure was gone. I still had a boy fuzzier than most times.
It doesn't feel good that I am sitting here with a sore throat knowing my son has strep and a plane to catch in less than 48 hours to Europe...I am calling the doctor tomorrow morning to get a strep test done...
I am trying to not freak out. Jacob has turned in 2 days before, but it also can turn for the worse. I really want to get on that plane, but at the same time I can't leave him if this is not turning in the right direction.
Again, 48 hours are 48 hours. Why do I also forget all the things I have done in the past? As the time when I was in the ER with Jacob until midnight the night before catching the plane to Madrid (you get very efficient packing in the middle of the night). In the morning, we didn't know what to do. I took the plane to Philadelphia knowing I could always turn around there. By the time I talked to Joakim, Jacob was fine and seizure free, and I could continue on to Spain.
I know there is always a reason, but I don't see it right now. I'll keep you all posted on how the week-end goes.
Ciao, Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment