Monday, July 26, 2010

SAMANTHA

What can you blog about when there is a little girl on your mind that just doesn't leave your thought for a second. Pictures of her are popping up in my mind whatever I do. My heart is aching for her and her dear family.
My dear friend Heather lost her daughter yesterday. Samantha had the same disorder as Jacob has, and we often joked that they were twins or that Samantha was Jacob's little girl friend. I found a soul mate in Heather on my journey with Jacob. We had kids with the same disorder, but more than anything I love Heather's outlook on life. She lives her life to the fullest, each and every day. Today, I can only imagine her heart deeply aching for her 4-year old daughter.
I feel blessed that I was holding Samantha only a few days ago. I feel blessed that Sarah got to snuggle with her on the floor watching Cinderella together. I am blessed that I got to meet this brave, strong-hearted little girl that is so very much loved by her parents. Life is not about quantity, life is about quality. And that is what Heather and Bart gave Samantha. I can't even think about a girl more loved. A smile more cherished than Samantha's. A love of a life time.
Lots of love to her family,
Maria.
P.S. Heather's blog about Samantha is http://www.samsmom-heathers.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment