Saturday, August 31, 2013

A LITTLE SATURDAY EXCURSION

Fresh flowers and basil make my mom happy. She loves to put fresh flowers in vases all around our house. She has a vase for every size flower bouquet. She loves the smell of basil. She loves making pesto, the fresh smell of basil and garlic together. She freezes her pesto in little plastic containers, and we use it for months with pasta and on baked fish. It is especially good with salmon according to my mom.

My mom loves going to Berry Patch Farms. Sarah and mom typically make it there once or twice each summer. This summer they never got around to it. Today, we suddenly had an open afternoon all to ourselves, and we decided to all go together. It was the first time for me.


The farm is typically a really busy place. Late afternoon is a good time to go, if you want a handicap spot and not necessarily need the crowds. We almost had the whole farm to ourselves! The not so good part is that the berry picking was done for the day. I am not so sure that I could have gone out on the strawberry fields, but I definitely could have come out to the raspberry fields.

We had plenty of times to pick out our flowers. Mom also got plenty basil.







We ended the afternoon on the front porch. Mom was swinging me in the rocking chair, and I felt a slight breeze.



I am wondering if this is how my folks will look when they grow old?! Sitting on the front porch in their rocking chairs...just wondering...



I hope you're all having a great Labor Day weekend!

Love, Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment