Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's me. It's about time that I do an update, and let you all know what's going on in my life.

I am doing well! For the first time in years, it looks like I will have a Thanksgiving without seizures and without Children's Hospital. Yeah!!!

I feel pretty good these days. I have stayed away from colds and infections, and yes, seizures are at bay! Sleeping without the bi-pap at night is also a nice feeling! I have nights when I can sleep 10-12 hours straight, which just wasn't as easy on the bi-pap.

I am busy with school and therapies each week. Yes, I am still going to school! I typically have to quit school after Halloween, but this year I am still going strong.

Psst...I have made two new girlfriends. I haven't told sis, since she doesn't believe in that stuff. One of them always makes sure I am included, and the other girl is always playing with me, and helping me out. It's too cool! My nurses also keep me busy at home with art projects, and other activities. Sis is into baking, and if she is in a good mode, she let me help her.

I am gaining back some strength in my upper body again, and I started to work with switches to make choices again. I play on my piano again, and I bat at toys. Last Saturday in music, I bat the drum over and over again! I love my new (old) freedom! I also track better with my eyes again, and I do like to smile when I feel good and happy!

Sis and I are hoping we can get an IPad in the house to explore my choices and play further. I can't hold on to things with my fingers, so an IPad that I can simply touch with my hand is perfect!

I have gotten this really big cool bean bag that I sit perfectly in, and we can move it around the house. Sis and I both fit in it, so that's the spot we pick for watching movies or reading together. My wheel chair also had to get fitted again. I have grown quite a bit this past year. I now sit perfectly in it again!

Tomorrow, I'll venture out to friends' house to celebrate Thanksgiving. I am very much looking forward to it.

So, to all of you, happy Thanksgiving, and have a piece of pumpkin pie for me!

Love, Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment